Beetham Church of England Primary School
There has been a school building in Beetham since 1610, originally located where the village stocks now stand on what was then known as Kirk Hill. From 1841 the building opposite the present school, the old grammar school, was used. In 1904 the present building was built on the site of a former toll house, part of which can still be seen in the teaching area called the Rainbow Room. Over the last few years the school has been extended and updated to make it fit for education in the 21st Century but without losing the original features which give our school its character.
Beetham Church Electoral Roll
The Church electoral roll is revised every year ahead of the Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) in April, with a complete revision every 6 years. Please read the Electoral Roll Privacy Notice. To join the roll please download the form from the link below, and return it to the electoral roll officer or any of the churchwardens. This will enable you to vote at the APCM for members of the Parochial Church Council and the Deanery Synod. Beetham electoral roll application form
General Data Protection Regulation
The new Data Privacy regulations came into effect from 25th May 2018. To continue to receive communications from the church please contact email@example.com
The Heron Theatre
The Heron Theatre occupies the Grade II listed building that used to be the grammar school (see Beetham School above), situated on the A6 in Beetham. With funding from the National Lottery and other sources, the theatre has a comfortable 80 seat auditorium, exhibition area, bar, and car park, and presents a varied programme of theatre, film, and music throughout the year
The Wheatsheaf building has been welcoming guests since the 17th century. Initially a farmhouse, the lady of the house provided meals to local farm labourers and the tradition of becoming a local hostelry grew from that time. Later, the Wheatsheaf Inn became a coaching stop en route from Lancaster to Carlisle. The old turnpike road was opened in 1819, with the bridge over the river Bela (pronounced Beela) becoming an important crossing point for traders.
Beetham Nurseries is an award-winning garden centre on the outskirts of the village which has a fantastic array of plants and gardening accessories for all types of gardens and all seasons. There is a delightful Garden Cafe, and a well-stocked Garden Food Shop with local and international artisan products for foodies. The Home and Gift shop has an abundance of gifts - from toys to home and kitchenware, and patio furniture - that are great for gardeners, family, friends and children